LAS GNOME events

Thanks all for subscribing, I checked the list and it seems we have everyone who is interested in LAS GNOME.

As we talked in the last meeting our first order of business is fundraising and promotions.  Before we can get the fundraising going appropriately we need to first have the two events.  The first one is a reception, and I'm going to handle this one personally because I would like to have it at the venue, and I have a friend of mine who could probably handle the catering.

The second one is the first evening event, and so we need to get a list of venues that can support 160 people.  There are some options:

1) leftbank annex - I have information on this already,  http://leftbankannex.com/ getting there might be a bit of an issue.
2) Portland Art museum
3) http://www.staverlocomotive.com/ it is a warehouse, but we could get something catered there, something to investigate.  I've met the person there before she is pretty cool, they have live model trains there! :)

There are some clubs that also will let you rent out their space.

The open questions are - are we supposed to make a profit on these events?  I would think so, so how much do we make from them? 4k on top of cost?

sri