Re: Missing GObject.connect function in typelib, but present in gir

Rotty,

I took look at sbank, and I think it's more advance at this point than pygir-ctypes.
Good job! However, I did it this way:

* created new struct that extended GClosure called PyClosure
* added notifiers for finalize and invalidate
* instantiated PyClosure
* connected with "hid = GObject.signal_connect_closure(window, 'destroy', closure, False)"
* runned

But, it fails with "Segmentation fault" on window close.

Can you explain how you did this?

Regards,
Marko Tasic

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:01 AM, Andreas Rottmann <a rottmann gmx at> wrote:
Marko Tasic <mtasic85 gmail com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've started new project called pygir-ctypes. It's pure python binding
> of girepository. Initial results are promising. pygir-ctypes parses all
> GI*Info structs, and dynamically produces python classes, methods,
> functions, etc. Have in mind that pygir-ctypes isn't trying to be compatible
> with pygtk nor pyobject.

Funny thing, I did exactly the same for Scheme -- you might be
interested in the code: <http://rotty.yi.org/software/sbank/>.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>