Re: Missing GObject.connect function in typelib, but present in gir

Thanks,

I also found out that connect is not introspectable. I'll try to use
GObject.signal_connect_closure for this purpose.

I found gjs and seed very useful, too.

Regards,
Marko Tasic

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Johan Dahlin <johan gnome org> wrote:
On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Marko Tasic <mtasic85 gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've started new project called pygir-ctypes. It's pure python binding
> of girepository. Initial results are promising. pygir-ctypes parses all
> GI*Info structs, and dynamically produces python classes, methods,
> functions, etc. Have in mind that pygir-ctypes isn't trying to be compatible
> with pygtk nor pyobject.
> But, when I try to look for function "connect" in "GObject" typelib,
> it's missing. However there are: 'signal_connect_closure',
> 'signal_connect_closure_by_id', 'signal_handler_disconnect',
> 'signal_handler_is_connected', 'signal_handlers_disconnect_matched'.

There is no connect function which usable by introspection since g-i
doesn't support varargs.
You'd need to wrap that manually, look at the pygobject sources to see
how it's done and convert that to ctypes.

--
Johan Dahlin