My "real-life" mail address on the archives...

Hi all,

a long time ago, I accidentally posted to this mailing list, because on the GTK bindings page this list address is given like a normal e-mail address (http://www.gtk.org/bindings.html at the bottom). Unfortunately I used my "real-life" e-mail-address for this (now I am using a real, but dispensable address), and the whole posting including my mail and postal addresses is now visible on the web for everyone. I already send more than one request to the admins to remove the post, or at least exchange the mail address. But the refuse to any of my suggestions, instead they reacted very hostile.

I hope someone more reasonable will read this post and persuade the admins to fulfill my request to remove the post. In my opinion, this is in the interest of the whole open source community, as this attitude of the admins is very dubious and might even reflect on other open source projects. Please note that I am a founder of an open source project as well, so I am one of you!

Everyone who works a little bit in the public will understand my concern, that I will get more and more spam emails, as long as my address is visible on the web. Even if the proposed (but not yet working!) protection of the email addresses would work some day, sooner or later some spam bots will break this protection. Currently, the mail addresses are even completely visible in clear text to any bot!

The post I am speaking of is the following (I replaced the slashes by spaces to prevent a higher google rank...):
mail.gnome.org archives language-bindings 2006-April msg00000.html

Thank you!
Regards,
Martin