Re: java-gnome packaging / structure

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 16:51 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 06:09 -0400, Jeffrey Morgan wrote:
> > Murray,
> >
> > During this development cycle the java-gnome team has added bindings
> > for cairo and gstreamer.  In the course of development we moved several
> > of our utility routines to a cvs project called jg-common.  What we
> > would like to do is move our glib bindings into this base project and
> > rename it glib-java.
>
> Wouldn't that break ABI and API? If so, would the old API be parallel-
> installable?

That is one item I must admit that I do not understand fully.  Our
public API for the bindings have not changed.  A Java application would
not have to change any API calls but they would have to change the
jar files included in their classpath to include the new glib.jar file
that would be produced by the new library.  By utility routines above
I was referring to C (bindings) routines used by multiple sub-projects.

> Can we CC language-bindings please?

Done