What to do about the cairo stuff in gtk+?

Aloha,

gtk+ 2.8 will add a few Cairo related functions.  There wasn't really
enough time to create Cairo bindings that can be called "stable" -- in
fact, "alpha" describes the situation pretty well, at least for us Perl
people.

So, what should language bindings do about those functions in gtk+?
Should we wrap them conditionally, depending on whether the
corresponding language binding of Cairo itself is already installed?  Or
can a stable release of our gtk+ bindings depend on an alpha release of
Cairo bindings?

--
Bye,
-Torsten