Re: Freeze break request: Some API additions
- From: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- To: Torsten Schoenfeld <kaffeetisch gmx de>
- Cc: gnome-release-team <release-team gnome org>, "language-bindings gnome org" <language-bindings gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Freeze break request: Some API additions
- Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 00:39:13 +0100
On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 00:34 +0100, Torsten Schoenfeld wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 00:21 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > > Of course, all of the above will be tested as part of our test suites.
> > Which of these can not wait for 2.11/12?
> Well, *technically* they could all wait for the next cycle. But it
> would be really tragic if our users weren't able to use those methods
> for half a year just because we were blind or the lacked the time to
> implement them.
> > These additions will not disturb existing applications, but I worry
> > that you don't have time to check that the API is correct before it's
> > really frozen.
> I think that's unfounded because we have tests (included in the patches)
> for every change that ensure that they all do exactly what they're
> supposed to do.
You can never be sure that you've tested everything, but that's far more
than I expected, so here's 1 of 2 approvals. Thanks for being careful.
murrayc murrayc com
] [Thread Prev