Re: Freeze break request: Some API additions

On Tue, 2005-02-08 at 00:21 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > Of course, all of the above will be tested as part of our test suites.
>
> Which of these can not wait for 2.11/12?

Well, *technically* they could all wait for the next cycle.  But it
would be really tragic if our users weren't able to use those methods
for half a year just because we were blind or the lacked the time to
implement them.

> These additions will not disturb existing applications, but I worry
> that you don't have time to check that the API is correct before it's
> really frozen.

I think that's unfounded because we have tests (included in the patches)
for every change that ensure that they all do exactly what they're
supposed to do.

--
Bye,
-Torsten