Re: Recommended way to handle deprecation?

On Wed, 2004-03-31 at 16:50, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wonder what the recommended way to handle deprecated API: to wrap or
> not to wrap, that's the question here :). How do other bindings handle
> this and is there a "recommended way"?

Where possible, you should probably wrap it. For gtkmm 2.0, we didn't
bother though, because gtkmm 2.0 was so different to gtkmm 1.2.

And you should certainly try to keep existing wrappers when their
underlying stuff becomes deprecated - so you don't break ABI or API. So,
for gtkmm 2.4, we have some deprecated API. In C or C++ a #define can be
used to stop applications from using that deprecated API.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com