Re: gtk2-perl stable releases

Murray Cumming said:
> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 04:50, muppet wrote:
>> Now that gtk+-2.4.0 is out, we are able to make our Glib and Gtk2
>> modules stable.
>
> I'm not very happy with you declaring total API/ABI stability before the
> date on the GNOME Platform Bindings schedule. Why the rush? Let's just
> hope that you don't need to change anything before then.

I figured you'd be happy that we not only met but beat the deadline.  In the
beginning, you seemed to doubt we could do it at all.

Essentially we did not slip our own schedule.  Recall that we were originally
planning to have Gtk2 and Glib stable back in February, but we were blocking
on gtk+/glib 2.4.0.

Months ago, and just two weeks ago as well, we had a long hard look at what we
can and can't do, API-wise, and punted quite a lot of stuff for 1.060.  Our
ABI has been stable since late January, and except for glib and gtk+, all of
the libraries we've bound have been API frozen for quite some time.  We are
confident that our regression test suites have helped us work out the API
kinks.  Why sit in limbo waiting on a date when the stuff is ready to go?

--
muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>