Bindings API Freeze

As per the schedule,
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/bindings/#ApiFreeze
the GNOME Platform Bindings are now in API freeze. Well done everyone -
I know it was stressful.

The final GNOME Platform Bindings 2.6.0 release is still planned for
April 5th, with a release candidate release on March 29th.

Before the Full API/ABI freeze on April 5th, I am sure there will be
some small API changes that you would like to make. But you need to ask
persmission for these from me on language-bindings gnome org  This is
what other developers do for GNOME modules:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/tasks.html#ApprovingFreezeBreaks

So far no other member of the release-team has volunteered to help with
this, so I will try to be wise.

I will respond quickly to these requests, and I am likely to approve
requests which
- Add just 1 or 2 functions.
- Change functions without breaking applications or their source builds.
- Can not wait for GNOME Platform Bindings 2.7/2.8

This process is meant to encourage you to
- Think seriously about how necessary the changes are, and whether you
have time to test new API before the Full Freeze.
- Concentrate on bug-fixing of existing API.

Also, I will be able to see if you need to make too many API changes.
This would suggest that a binding is not really ready for API freeze,
and might not achieve the 2.6.0 release on schedule. That's unlikely to
happen, but I have to watch out for it.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com