Re: Beta 1 tarballs due (java)

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 17:41, Mark Howard wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 07:42:01PM +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > So, GTK+ has released and frozen, and I'm just waiting for the Java
> > release now. Or have I missed a Java announcement?
>
> I sent an announcement to gnome-announce-list but it's waiting for
> moderator approval
> (I am forced to use different email accounts at different times -
> subscribing to lists with two accounts is a pain, but I'll do it for
> this one)

The post-only "list" is meant to solve problems like these:

> BTW: is it good enough to just send announcements to gnome-announce-list
> (and java-gnome lists), or do you want them also sent to
> language-bindings?

I need them to be sent to language-bindings, please. It's too much work
to hunt through all the individual lists for particular annoucements. I
am on those lists, but please assume that I don't really follow them.

> I was told that language-bindings was the wrong place when I first sent
> an announcement; but announcements do seem to be sent here quite often.

language-bindings is not the place for general bindings announcements,
mostly because gnome-announce exists for this and because it has a more
suitable audience. Language-bindings is for implementors of bindings,
and the maintainer of the X-language binding probably isn't interested
in a minor release of Y-language binding. But the wider community at
gnome-announce is interested.

--
Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com