ANNOUNCE: GNOME Platform Bindings 2.5.1

*** GNOME Platform Bindings

This is the first [1] release of the GNOME Platform Bindings release set,
which provides a GNOME development platform for programming languages
other than C, in the style of those languages. This release set gives
some bindings a schedule and rules to work within, so we can endorse
those bindings. We very much hope that Linux distributions will
therefore choose to distribute these bindings as a supported
development platform.

Rules:
http://developer.gnome.org/dotplan/bindings/rules.html
Schedule:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/bindings/

Note that those rules do not guarantee 100% API coverage, but they do
guarantee API/ABI stability.

For the GNOME 2.5/2.6 schedule, we have bindings for C++, Java, and Perl:
http://www.gnome.org/start/2.5/bindings/modules.html

There are "Beta Bindings" for C#, which are likely to be on the full
release schedule for GNOME 2.7/2.8. Note that other bindings exist:
http://www.gtk.org/bindings.html
but they are not on this release schedule and they do not necessarily
follow the same rules.

If you have questions about the GNOME Platform Bindings release set please
send email to language-bindings gnome org

*** Download

ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/bindings/2.5/2.5.1/
(when the ftp mirrors update)

Note that this release announcement was delayed, so your favourite binding
might already have newer releases.

[1] Yes, 2.5.1 is the first release. We started late.

Murray Cumming
www.murrayc.com
murrayc usa net