RE: new libbonobo API

> From: James Henstridge [mailto:james daa com au]
> The whole point of the new API is to be able to aggregate non C
> interfaces into a component together with interfaces
> implemented in C by
> libbonobo or libbonoboui.  The whole point is so that you
> don't need to
> worry about C EPVs, which is why I thought it might be useful
> for C++ as
> well.
>
> Or do you not use any interfaces defined in C?  If so, do you
> reimplement things like BonoboControl (which is quite complex
> -- not the
> sort of thing I would want to redo in the Python bindings).

We reimplement these CORAB C servers in C++, but just call the existing
servers in the implementation. It's repetitive, but generated [1]. Then
people can do what they like in derived classes, using regular C++
inheritance. I don't know if that's solving the same problem as yours, but
it sounds similar.

[1] It might also have performance problems, but I don't care about them
until I see them.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com