Re: new libbonobo API

Murray Cumming Comneon com wrote:

Sorry for the massive delay in replying.

This not entirely clear - I think there's some confusion between CORBA and
Bonobo stuff here.

But it doesn't look like something that's going to affect the C++ bindings.
I think we already aggregate the C servers via client references, to
implement new derived CORBA interfaces. It's probably a lot easier in C++
because we don't deal with those C CORBA epv thingies much in the higher
levels.

But I'm not really sure what I'm talking about.
The whole point of the new API is to be able to aggregate non C interfaces into a component together with interfaces implemented in C by libbonobo or libbonoboui. The whole point is so that you don't need to worry about C EPVs, which is why I thought it might be useful for C++ as well.

Or do you not use any interfaces defined in C? If so, do you reimplement things like BonoboControl (which is quite complex -- not the sort of thing I would want to redo in the Python bindings).

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/