Re: Language bindings on developer.gnome.org

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 20:51, Curtis C. Hovey wrote:
> I see that the language binding section at developer.gnome.org is hidden
> in /arch/lang/index.html, and that it points to a very out-dated page on
> another site.  I'd like to help fix this.

Yes, I removed it because we already have a very up-to-date page here:
http://www.gtk.org/bindings.html

The d.g.o page also attempted to have details of exactly what GNOME lib is
wrapped by what binding, but that was clearly impossible to maintain.

> Is the developer Web site named web-devel-2 in CVS?
> If so I'll need to make a new main.in and tree.in.

Please don't.

> As I just investigated this last month, I feel it would have been more
> helpful to have two tables GNOME2 for current and active bindings, and a
> Historical GNOME for 1.0 and less.

If you find any old language bindings that are not on the current
www.gtk.org page, then feel free to list them somewhere (maybe in
www.gtk.org, and linked from the bottom of that page).

> I was trying to decide the best language for the programming I was going
> to do, and It would have been helpful if the table indicated what
> libraries the binding included (beyond libglade)--gnome-vfs, bonobo,
> GConf, etc.

Are you promising to keep this table up-to-date for 30 language
bindings, whose maintainers do not volunteer information? I don't
believe it can be done, and it's already been tried.

--
Murray Cumming
murray usa net