RE: GTK+ Licensing issue: Ch binding (fwd)

So, could someone add this please? I can not do it now because I don't have
real internet access.

Murray Cumming
murrayc usa net
www.murrayc.com

I don't want to give any firm statement that the complete Ch GTK+
binding system is in compliance with the LGPL:

 A) I'm not a lawyer
 B) I'd have to examine the entire distribution to have any opinion

The "common sense" interpretation of the LGPL is that if:

A) the user can modify the GTK+ sources, and rebuild the system to
   use the modified sources
B) source is provided for all modifications to GTK+ and those
   modifications can be redistributed under the LGPL

then things are probably OK. But I don't see any problem with having
the license be done as an exception to a more restrictive license.
>From my opinion, going ahead and adding the link from the language
binding page should be fine.

Regards,
                                            Owen