Re: gtk.defs from pygtk

On 16 Sep 2001, Murray Cumming wrote:

> James,
>
> Gtkmm-1.3 is now using your gtk.defs file from pygtk. Thanks a lot for
> this.

Great!

> However, I do have a couple of questions. I should probably investigate
> this myself, but I haven't built pygtk because it seems to need a new
> version of autoconf that could break the rest of gnome.
>
> 1. Why do the parameter children have ' at the start?
> e.g.
> (parameters
>     '("gint" "columns")
>     '("gchar*[]" "titles")
> )

That was a change to the defs format suggested by ariel to make the defs
files easier to handle in scheme/lisp.  I think the quote tells the scheme
interpreter to just treat the expression as a value, rather than
evaluating it as a function.  I just got my defs parser to ignore the
quote marks and it was happy.

> 2. There are some missing functions.
> e.g.
> gtk_button_box_set_child_size
> gtk_button_box_set_child_ipadding
>
> Maybe the gtk.defs is generatd from an older gtk+?

The defs files are not fully up to date.  I plan to make sure they are
fully up to date once the libraries freeze though.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/