Re: language bindings

>> It would be nice to have bindings for Atk for Gnome-2.0, other than
C,
>> but the accessibility team won't have time to do it.  Anyone want to
>> have a go?  We can give feedback anyhow...
>
>The GtkAda library (http://libre.act-europe.fr/GtkAda)
>has an almost complete Gtk 2.0 binding, but
>we haven't updated the gnomelib binding, nor looked at Atk yet.
>
>Could someone explain which parts of Atk are the most important to
>bind ?
>
>Arno

Hi Arno:

Since Atk is, technically, a set of interface definitions and APIs, I
think that in order to be useful one would need to provide a binding for
most all of the public API calls.  In particular, all of the public
methods of

atkobject.h
atkaction.h
atkcomponent.h
atktext.h
atkeditabletext.h
atkimage.h
atkselection.h
atktable.h
atkvalue.h
atkrelation.h
atkrelationset.h
atkstate.h

perhaps less frequently used at the moment:

atkhypertext.h
atkimage.h
atkstreamablecontent.h
atkhyperlink.h

Most of the public methods in atkutil.h would need to be supported as
well, I think.

regards,

-Bill

------