Re: language bindings

Bill Haneman wrote:

James Henstridge wrote:

Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

(please forgive the double post, I misspelled "language-bindings" last time)

Hi language binding hackers,

What language bindings are likely to be ready and stable in time for
the GNOME 2.0 schedule? It would be good to figure out which bindings
we're planning to ship with the release.

It would be nice to have bindings for Atk for Gnome-2.0, other than C,
but the accessibility team won't have time to do it.  Anyone want to
have a go?  We can give feedback anyhow...

It shouldn't be too difficult to wrap the ATK API (another lib I just haven't got round to doing yet). One issue is that when selecting a python type to use as the wrapper for a GObject, it goes up the inheritance tree til it finds a type with an associated python wrapper. This doesn't take interfaces into account.

So it is possible that some objects returned by ATK functions will be wrapped with the GObject wrapper (which doesn't include any of the interface mixins), so won't be usable.

James.

--
Email: james daa com au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/