Official .defs files

In the course of my IRC discussion with James, I was wondering if there
should be an official, comprehensive set of .defs files that all
bindings authors could use. That would ensure consistency across
bindings implementations and avoid a lot of "hand-patching" of .defs
files.

It also means the maintainer(s) will have the responsibility of
keeping .defs files current to Gtk+ releases and hand-coding certain
tags that can't be found by h2def.py script - like 'null-ok' and
'default'.

Thoughts on this issue?

-Andrei

"Everything should be made as simple