Re: defs spec

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:

> It has been a while since posting the last draft of the spec.  I have
> integrated the last lot of suggested changes and put the new version up
> at:
>   http://www.gnome.org/~james/defs-format.html

Shouldn't the spec say which methods are virtual and which are not, or
are all methods virtual?  Also, I couldn't find anywhere what "access"
is for fields, methods and signals.

> If possible, I would like to see the defs format finalised soon.  There
> are still a few things I am not sure about though (marked with XXXX in the
> document).  If anyone has any ideas about how to fill those holes, please
> post them.  Alternatively, we can just comment them out and call it final.

      The abstract parameter is used to declare whether the class is
      abstract or not. (XXX - could we get rid of this parameter and
      just say that types without constructors are abstract?).

A problem with getting rid of it is that someone might forget to
include the constructor for a rarely used type.  In that case, all
language bindings will silently declare that type abstract.