Re: kupfer open .desktop files as text instead "run" them

2012-12-31 13:24:59 Daniel Antonio <souliaq gmail com>:
>I'm using Lubuntu 12.10 (64) with Kupfer v208, this works great in
>general way, but I created a folder with ".desktop" files to "index"
>some specified folders. If I do dobleclick over them (in pcmanfm) they
>sendme to the desired folder (like a LNK in Windows). But when kupfer
>use this instead of sendme to the specified folder, kupfer opens
>the .desktop file with leafpad.

Hi,
You can do:
1. put your .desktop files i~/.local/share/applications one of
   directories when are this files usually stored
   (i.e. ~/.local/share/applications)

or

2. Create in above directory file XdgOpen.desktop that runs xdg-open
   and set default default application for .desktop files to XdgOpen
   (in Kupfer, by selecting any .desktop file -> Set Default
   Application -> XdgOpen)

Regards,
Karol