changing terminal emulator

I'm using kupfer v206 on gentoo under openbox (thanks for making a
launcher that doesn't depend on so much, like its alternatives).  I
use xfce's terminal and so don't have gnome-terminal installed at all.
 As a result, when I try to use the System Services plugin, it fails
because gnome-terminal isn't available for launching gksu.

When I look under the General tab in Preferences, I see that the
Terminal Emulator select box has no value and is grayed out.

How could I get xfce-terminal as an option in that drop down?
-OR-
How could I configure kupfer via ~/.config/kupfer/kupfer.cfg to use
xfce-terminal?

Gratuitous stacktrace: