Re: Kupfer and python3

Hi all,

as an arch user I was surprised to see python3 being implemented like
this. Not that I care very much. It was documented and made known quite
well. And you can have python (version 3) and python2 both installed of
course.
The workaround (PYTHON=python2) is very useful. Maybe it can be added
on the site or in the README at install instructions? Btw the AUR
package has this already and should be preferred to install kupfer
above the tarball. I don't think it's up to kupfer to switch to python3
ASAP just because a bleeding edge distro did (although it is the most
awesome ;) ). It's not just an upgrade, it's a total new beast, and
supporting libraries need to be upgraded too, like Ulrik explained.
Just my 2 cents.

Martin