Naming conventions

Hello, everyone, I'm the contributor of kupfer package in the
Archlinux "AUR" repository.

Unfortunately the build system of Arch doesn't like uncommon version
identifiers such as "pandora-box-1", and I have to do some workaround
to make the build script of the new version work, but still with two
issues.

1)I have to invent a different version identifier: something like pb1,
because hyphens are not allowed.

2)If the name changes again, it may be not recognized as an upgrade by
the users, (this release would be OK since "c19" string compared to
"pb1" is minor)

I would ask if it's possible to adopt a more common, numeric
progressing versioning system. Or at least to let me know if the
next releases would be called also pandora-box (2,3 and so forth) or
something else, so I could arrange a suitable workaround.

Thanks.

--
Asa Marco <marcoasa90 gmail com> 朝