Re: [jokosher-devel] Fwd: Donation by Ripple

Hey Laszlo,

 I looked a ripple pay a while back when someone mentioned it in
connection with Libre.fm's future donation features. The most succinct
way I can think of describing it is as a web of trust for money.

 While it wouldn't hurt you to sign up and let him donate to you through
it you might find it a bit difficult to actually get hold of that money
unless you plan on really getting in to using the site and encouraging
people you know to use it. To retrieve the money you'll need to build up
a chain of trust between Daniel and someone you know willing to pay you
cash.

 It's a nice idea, but until it achieves critical mass I don't think
you're going to get much out of it. If you were setting up a local
economic trading system (LETS) it'd probably be very useful to build it
on top of ripple pay, but for global transactions I'm not convinced.

 Cheers,
  Mike.