[jokosher-devel] introducing myself

Hi Everyone,

I've met a few of you on IRC already but I thought I'd introduce myself here.

I'm planning on trying to help out Jokosher with development on the python/gst side of things, at least for a little while. I just started a project in Python at work and so am looking for something fun to do with my free time while I sharpen up my Python skills a bit. I'm primarily an electronic musician mostly interested in composition and production, but also play Trombone, guitar and bass. I also have a big passion for writing algorithmic music and interactive sound installations/sculpture using languages like Pure Data and CSound... I've been thinking about learning GStreamer for a while as another possible choice for my audio processing projects.

No promises for much product from me for the foreseeable future except a bunch of questions as I get up speed on the Jokosher code base, python, pyGtk and GStreamer... its a lot to take in but so far I've been enjoying myself digging around. Hopefully i'll be able to crush a few outstanding bugs and help get 1.0 out the door as I familiarize myself with the code base.

I really appreciate the obvious amount of effort you guys have put into documenting everything and putting up really helpful getting starting guides... it has made these early hours of exploration a joy.

-Josh

tasty electronic music vittles      --  bluevitriol.com
the only music blog you need        --  playtherecords.com
you are the dj.  interactive music  --  improbableorchestra.com
random observations of the bizarre  --  vitriolix.com