Re: [jokosher-devel] openSUSE Jokosher packages

On 5/1/07, John Green <john thegreens co uk> wrote:
I did write some installation instructions on the userdocs site a while
ago http://userdocs.jokosher.org/JokosherOnSuse
though they're probably a little out of date now. I don't actually use
openSUSE much. I was just playing with vmware and setting up Jokosher on
a few different OSes. Feel free to check it out and update the page if
it needs it. You need someone with access to  the main site to update
the download page though. I must admit I found openSUSE just about the
easiest distro to get Jokosher working on. The Packman repo is awsome.

Thanks
John

Francis Giannaros wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just a note that the latest Jokosher packages are always being built
> for openSUSE and they're available in the Packman repository
> <http://packman.links2linux.org/package/jokosher>; might be nice
> having a mention on the site so openSUSE users don't have to waste
> their time compiling (though most would check Packman first, not all
> would).
>
> I can provide nice instructions as on http://www.jokosher.org/download
> too if you would like
>
> Kind thoughts,

Ah, awesome, I didn't realise there were instructions anywhere;
they're quite tucked away :P (other distros' Installation instructions
there too I see). Yeah, I've mentioned it to jono and he said he'll
get the information on the main page soon.

I made a few edits on that page which link to the openSUSE Community
website which has pretty instructions for adding the package source
(for versions 10.0-10.2 currently, and via the GUI or CLI) for any
users that may not have it. Hope that's ok. :)

Kind thoughts,
--
Francis Giannaros   http://francis.giannaros.org