Re: [jokosher-devel] [PATCH] Fixed solo button behaviour
- From: Laszlo Pandy <laszlok2 gmail com>
- To: Peteris Krisjanis <pecisk gmail com>
- Cc: jokosher-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [jokosher-devel] [PATCH] Fixed solo button behaviour
- Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 20:26:37 -0400
Peteris Krisjanis wrote:
I agree that having "Solo" function on several instruments at once
sounds not appealing, as it defeats calling it "Solo". It helps to
select two or three channels from rest of crowd, yes, but somehow it
doesn't help musician when it wants to select another channel to have
solo after listening to first one. He has to un-solo first instrument.
So, I gave my argument a second thought and have one interesting
Let's have two different modes for "Solo":
1. Normal "Solo" - In normal behavior, when another Instrument is
chosen for Solo, first instrument get's un-solo-ed (damn, not a right
word, ). This is by default and what Knut wanted by this patch.
2. Multi "Solo" - when musician wants to select several instruments
for Solo, t.i. playing them together while rest of channels are muted,
it has to hold down CTRL button while clicking on another instrument's
Solo button. It is also complements usual behavior in Nautilus and
other places where CTRL is used for cherry picking while doing
For me this feels more natural.
What do you people think about this?
My first impression was that this is a really dumb idea because it makes
solo more complicated. But the more I think about it, the more I like
it. All that's missing is an effective way to convey the difference to
the user without confusing them, and it would be a pretty cool feature.
] [Thread Prev