Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher Backports to Ubuntu Edgy

Martin Meredith wrote:
I've been doing a little work on backporting jokosher 0.2 to edgy, which
involved backporting a big bit of gstreamer.

awesome
I'll be testing this, but I've come across an issue, in the fact that
there are no "Effects" being shown.

I've no idea why this is - though I have a feeling it may be because
gstreamer-plugins-good wasn't installed in the pbuild I built the
jokosher deb on, so I'm going to test that, however, I'd be interested
in seeing if this is a known problem.

For effects you need to have a LADSPA effects pack such as swh-plugins installed. We've found that you need to have these installed before you build the gst ladspa module (part of get-plugins-good). I don't know if this means you have to have all possible plugin packs installed before you build and what then happens on systems that don't have a particular pack installed.

John