Re: [jokosher-devel] Bug #78025 vs. Gnome HIG

I think it should, for usability, be like most other devices and software.

I.e. the Play/Pause in one scenario.... not separate buttons.

That's just my little 2cents worth anyway.

CodeNexus

Jean-Francois Arseneau wrote:
So I've submitted bug #78025, which requests changing the "Play"
button to "Pause" when it's playing, but as Laszlo reminded me, that's
not according to the Gnome HIG.  Chapter 5 of the Gnome HIG specifies
under Media Player Toolbars: "Show separate Stop and Pause buttons. Do
not change Play to Pause while the clip is playing."  The thing is,
I've yet to find a Gnome application that has a seperate "Play" and
"Pause" button, nobody's actually following the Gnome HIG and if we
would, it would eat up more space.

Totem and Banshee both have a "Play" button that becomes "Pause" once
some kind of media is playing, while Rhythmbox's "Play" button works
exactly like the one in Jokosher.

So...  What should be done?