Re: [jokosher-devel] Remember Window Position

--- Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:

> > Ok, if i'm going to be remembering all the window
> positions, should I
> > store them in the config file in ~/.jokosher or
> create a new config file
> > just for window positions?
>
> Personally I'd have a separate file in ~/.jokosher,
> but I'd be
> interested in other people's comments on this.
>
> sil

I'd go for a seperate file in .jokosher/setup/ (or
similar) because:
a) if your code is buggy you're not going to trash the
users config
b) other things might need persistant storage
(instrument connections, last opened project that kind
of thing) and they can follow this design easily and
neatly
c) config data is explicitly user defined and window
positions are implicit so they should be seperate
b) we have a .joksher directory so why stuff
everything  into one file.

That kind of thing.

Of course if its easier to reuse config then...
like... *shrug*

chris

Yahoo! Photos is now offering a quality print service from just 7p a photo. http://uk.photos.yahoo.com