Re: [jokosher-devel] Thanks guys!

I want to thank all of you for welcoming me and helping me out yesterday

In turn, I want to thank you for being part of the team running the
stand! Sorry I couldn't make it down.

At the moment, I did notice *tons* of spelling mistakes in the Jokosher Help
section on the website. I can fix those quite quickly. If I just download
the page, fix the errors in HTML and upload a patch to the HTML, is that ok?

Go for it; mail the patch to me or to the list.

- A lot of people wanted to record stuff off of the internet, such as BBC
radio streams

Hm. Network Instruments are the way here, although there are Legal
Issues with doing this :)

- Ability to filter out "noise", I believe this maybe possible using the
Instrument Effects?
- One guy asked if there are any latency issues when multiple instruments
are plugged in?

I don't know about these two.

- VOIP recording

Network Instruments. Yes indeed. This is going to happen.

- Export / Import from cubase?

Unlikely, but if someone looks into it it might turn out to be easier.
Dunno. In practice, though, you're not really supposed to ship whole
Jokosher projects around in the same way that you're not supposed to
ship entire Cubase projects around; instead, you encode to some sort
of transport format (say, Ogg Vorbis), and we can already do that to
exchange music with Cubase.

- Windows version?

Porting Jokosher isn't the problem (and indeed would be trivial, since
it's Python), it's porting the stuff we depend on, like GStreamer and
Cairo. All these things are being worked on on Windows, so perhaps
this will be doable soon (or already is doable, but we have no-one
looking at it).

- Some guy asked if Jokosher was similar to EMi?? I think the website is:
http://emi.thevtek.com
- A few people asked if Patch Panels were supported
- MIDI, a LOT of people asked if MIDI was supported
- Someone asked if Jokosher was similar to something called Jashaker?? I
can't find this app anywhere online, but it is supposed to be a video
editing app.

Don't know about any of these, except that "Jashaker" is a coincidence :)

Finally, a guy from Zend said, and I quote: "How will you make money? Free??
Come on guys!!"

yes! that's what we're going to do! sell it! screw open source! Bah.

Right, some bugs I observed prior to starting the demos, I'm sorry, I know
we need "reproducible" bugs, but I have not managed to repro some of these.
Since they did indeed occur, though, I feel obligated to at least report
them.

It'd be useful if these went into the bugtracking system; since I
still ahven't finished the Simple Bug Submitter, can someone drop them
in? (I don't have time right now.)

I tried emailing the photos I took of the event using my camera phone, but I
think the attachment is too big for the list so I am removing it. You can
still check out the photos at my flickr.com page,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kerneljack.

Nice one! Thanks again :)

sil

--
Heard a lot about eggnog, but I have never experienced it
first-hand. What is this thing made off?