Re: [jokosher-devel] Now with patch

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 03:01:04AM -0400, joe fatnsoft com wrote:
> I need to sleep is what I think I'm being told.

Hmm. Going to have to read up on decorators. I've used them in Ruby on Rails
but I didn't understand them then either. I think I just accepted them as
some kind of magic.

As far as the extension name and version stuff is concerned then the
extension manager is in *very* early days and I have a lot of changes that
aren't committed yet. There's a lot of other stuff that need to be checked
when an extension is loaded (e.g. mutliple copies of an extension in
different directories, multiple versions of the same extension and lots of
other problems I haven't thought of yet). Rather than doing it in two
different places in LoadAllExtensions() I am writing an ExtensionManager
class that will handle all this sort of thing for extensions as both modules
and class instances. All LoadAllExtensions() will do is call
extensionManager.register(module[or extension]) and everything will happen
there. So whilst this change is might be OK for now it probably won't live
very long.
--
John Green