Re: [jokosher-devel] Subversion directory structure for extensions

John Green wrote:
In r771 I moved the directory structure around a bit for the extensions that I converted to eggs. (I left Freesound alone as I think Aq is currently working on it). So the layout is now:

extensions/
    trunk/
        eggs/
            Extension_1/
                setup_py
                src/
                    Extension1.py
                    Extension1.glade
                    __init__.py
               . . .
            Extension_2/
               . . .
        extensions/
            Extension_1.egg
            Extension_2.egg
               . . .
            SimpleExtension.py

This is to allow the directory structure needed to build the egg files. If you modify , say Extension1.py then you need to run it's setup script to rebuild the egg.. The command is 'python setup.py bdist_egg'.This builds the egg in a dist/ sub-directory. There is a line at the end of the script to copy the egg up to the extensions/trunk/extensions directory.

extensions/trunk/extensions seemed a little redundant to me. The egg sources are still in extensions/trunk/eggs/, but I have put all the build eggs as well as the stand alone py files in extensions/trunk/.

I have also modified the scripts to copy to this directory instead of the old one.

Laszlo