Re: [jokosher-devel] Noise removal

On 11/22/06, Jeff Ratliff <jefrat gmail com> wrote:
On 22/11/06, Stuart Langridge <sil kryogenix org> wrote:
> A guy on the forums says that it would be good if Jokosher had "noise
> removal" (see http://www.jokosher.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=372#372
> for description). Should that be filed as a feature request? I didn't
> want to because I don't really know what it means ;)
Audacity has a feature of the same name. You select a piece of audio
that you consider "noise" so the filter knows what to look for, then
Audacity goes through and filters that stuff out. I've heard it works
OK, but never used it.

Yep, thats noise removal. If we are going to do it, it would mean
depending on a LADSPA effect for it. For a while I have thought it
would be useful to depend on certain plugins for custom GUIs such as
compression, equalisation and noise removal - processing that happens
on virtually every project.

 Jono