Re: [jokosher-devel] Joining the Docs team

On 23/07/06, Infinity <infinity outofreach co uk> wrote:
Hey there, I'd be interested in joining the Docs after going to LRL and
realizing how cool Jokosher actually is!  I have no really technical
skills in terms of programming languages (however I am just beginning
to learn Python), so I thought the best way that I could contribute
through the Documentation team.

Wonderful. The team is small, but we've got a really good start. Hit
the developers Wiki at http://jokosher.python-hosting.com and click on
"Documentation Team." Read what is there to get an idea where we are.
The "Getting Involved" page will help you get plugged in. Also, the
team is still evolving.

It was mentioned at the BOF session at LRL that even though the Docs
are being maintained through the Wiki mostly, there is the underlying
issue of different formats of the Docs being rolled out (PDF, etc) and
the possibility of using DocBook came up.  Though I've never really
played around with DocBook I would be quite willing to try and transfer
some of the Docs from the Wiki into DocBook and then roll it out in
different formats.
I wasn't at LRL (since I live in the US), so I'm just getting up to
speed on what was discussed. This release we did almost all the work
on the Wiki, then I converted everything (except Robert's walk-through
in English) to HTML a few days before release. I'd appreciate help on
that, as it was a lot of work, but I'm not sure how to go about it
yet.

Converting to Docbook will take some work, but we've got until
November to get it finished. Most likely we'll have a small number who
work on the Docbook, and I don't know if I can handle it all myself.

There's still plenty to do now, though. The FAQ could use a lot of
work, and there are some suggestions in the TODO on the Wiki. We don't
have anything started yet as far as video tutorials and screen casts.

So jump in and find something to do that interests you. I (and
others) will be glad to help if you need anything specific.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)