Re: [jokosher-devel] Jokosher BOF report, and 0.2 direction

Hey,

On 24/07/06, Jono Bacon <jonobacon gmail com> wrote:
* Packaging hacks - we need to make Jokosher easier for packaging,
and there has been some discussion about this recently. Does someone
from the packaging team want to collate these different requirements
in a single page on the Packaging Team page?

I'm happy to. At this point I dont think its a case of hacks required to make it run, just making a decision on *where* the code should go. The "hacks" themselves are merely a small executable script file to place in /usr/bin (rather than dumping the entire directory in there) which obviously launches the app and an __init__.py file to ensure python identifies the directory as a package - I'm not even sure this is essential. Whatever, it would be good to have both the above files committed and it would make things easier from my perspective.

Of course, everyone has their own views on how to package. For my part I am packaging J to site-packages as it is in sys.path by default and this appears to be behaviour common to other apps. I've had some feedback which indicates this works fine however there are of course those on more obscure distributions which this wont work for. For this I'm considering Autopackage although even after yesterday's talk I have some concerns over its maturity.

Cheers
Chris