Re: [jokosher-devel] Fedora RPMs

On 12/07/06, John (J5) Palmieri <johnp redhat com> wrote:
Could you push these to extras?  If you don't want to maintain them I
will.

Short answer. Probably not. The process for submitting to Extras is
more than I can take on at the moment. My main focus is getting the
documentation finished before release. I built these to make it
possible for someone to just install a few RPMs to get Jokosher
running without messing with CVS (I can't get current Gstreamer CVS to
build anyway).

In the long term I would be willing to work on getting these in Extras
and maintaining, but not until after the 0.1 J release. If you want to
help in any way, or even take over maintaining it won't hurt my
feelings any. I will help any way I can, I just have to make docs my
top priority at the moment.

Here are a few problems I can see with getting these in Extras:

Gstreamer: Fedora currently uses Gstreamer 0.10.4, so we'd need a new
package name - gstreamer-jokosher or gstreamer-compat maybe? Work
needs to be done to install alongside current Gstreamer or warn people
it will replace their exisisting libs.

Also, do we need to package gstreamer-plugins-*? How much does Jokosher care?

Gnonlin: mostly same as above. It's possible we could get a bump to
use a newer version in Extras. Currently there's no newer gnonlin in
development.

--
Jeff Ratliff (Gomer_X)