[jokosher-devel] moving *.py to their own directory?

Hello everybody,

what do you think about moving all the *.py files to their own
directory? The advantage would be that a setup.py could use
packages=['Jokosher'] to ship them to /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages,
where they should rather live.

I personally feel this is necessary and will tidy up the file structure
anyway, but I can imagine that there are other opinions as well. :-)

Below you find an example of a setup.py file I wrote a while ago.

#!/usr/bin/env python

from distutils.core import setup
import glob

setup(name='jokosher',
      version='0.1',
      scripts=['jokosher', 'waveform'],
      packages=['Jokosher'],
      data_files=[('share/jokosher/',
                   glob.glob("*.glade")
                  ),
                  ('share/jokosher/Instruments',
                   glob.glob("Instruments/*.instr")
                  ),
		  ('share/jokosher/Instruments/images',
	           glob.glob('Instruments/images/*')
        	  ),
                  ('share/applications',
                   glob.glob("*/gnome-app-install.desktop")
                  ),
                  ('share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps',
                   ['jokosher.png']
                  ),
		  ('share/pixmaps',
	           glob.glob("images/*.png")
         	  )
                 ]
      )

It'd be nice to hear opinions on this to take a setup.py for Jokosher
further and make packaging easier.

Have a nice day,
 Daniel