[jokosher-devel] Unit tests

Hi folks,

OK, I have started looking into unit tests using Dogtail. I used the
Dogtail included in Dapper, but then I discovered the CVS version
includes an application to record GUI interaction like a macro
recorder and generate the script code. This seems idea for our
purposes.

Now, for some reason Jokosher doesn't behave 100% OK with Dogtail,
although with the CVS Dogtail I did get some things working. I also
tried Dogtail on some other apps and they work pretty well.

Now, we need to think of a few things:

* How do we make our custom widgets accessible?
* What kind of tests do we want? It could be useful to have tests for
things such as the GUI, media tests, audio tests, specific areas (such
as effects) and a complete test that tests everything in the
application.
* How are we going to report things back? Because dogtail is driven
by a Python script, we could theoretically generate test reports and
such.

Finally, is there anyone who wants to take over building unit tests
for us? Although I could contribute some time, I think my time is
better spent hacking on Jokosher itself. I know Ben was looking at
some unit test stuff, but I never heard anything back. Anyone else
want to look into it?

 Jono