Gjs debugging using chrome devtools

Hi everyone,

Debugging gjs scripts was maybe the most difficult part atleast for developers like me. Which was made possible in recent version of gjs which includes a limited edition of CLI based debugger.

I was planning to implement Debug Adapter Protocol (DAP), that is being used by Microsoft visual studio and visual studio code. But @ptomato suggested me chrome devtools protocol (Which now I'm personally intrested). Using which gjs can provide debugging experience similar to nodejs.

I recently tried to implement that by creating a http server using libsoup and added a websocket handler to it. The major issue I faced was websocket connection get disconnected after some interval of time.

I am a student and proposed that idea at GSoC. And currently I am looking for a good mentor 😊.

Regards,
Nauman Umer