Re: Soup.RequestSocket

On Fri, 2016-02-26 at 19:42 +0100, Peter Hoffmann wrote:
I try to write a Soup.RequestSocket class as described in
https://developer.gnome.org/libsoup/stable/libsoup-request-howto.html
section "Supported URI types, and adding your own" but could not get
it
to work as - naturally - the type of the javascript "class" is
"object"
and not GObject_Object as expected.
Is it at all possible to write a Soup.Request-subclass like
Soup.RequestFile …HTTP …Data?

In principle, it ought to be possible, using Lang.Class, like other
GObject-derived classes.
(See https://people.gnome.org/~gcampagna/docs/GObject-2.0/GObject.Class
.html )

In practice, you cannot modify the SoupRequestClass->schemes field to
set your supported URI schemes. The way to do so would be to add a
class method to libsoup of the form
soup_request_class_set_schemes (SoupRequestClass *, const gchar **);

Until that method exists, I'm afraid you cannot implement a SoupRequest
subclass in JS.

Cheers,

Giovanni