Re: GJS BOF: Day 1

Great write up,

For reference, Danilo Cesar Lemes de Paula has been doing quite a bit of work making seed gjs compatible, I've not really followed how far he's got, but it may be worth investigating.

Regards
Alan
Switching to a different engine
Consensus seems to be that staying on mozjs is slightly unattractive but not overly objectionable. There has been lots of tricky GObject code written, solving weird cases bit by bit, and another engine would have a lot of catch-up to do; though probably if we were starting GJS now, it would be based on top of Node.

Node seems to be abstracting out JS engine backends? Anyone got a link for this?