Announce: Jasmine for GJS

Hi,

I've been working on a port of the Jasmine [1] test environment to GJS and I have just cut a first release [2]. Feel free to try it out and I'd be happy to hear any feedback.

For a quick introduction to Jasmine, it's a test runner for JS that understands behavior-driven test suites like the following:

const MyModule = imports.myModule;
describe('My object', function () {
    let myObject;
    beforeEach(function () {
        myObject = new MyModule.MyObject();
    });

    it('constructs correctly', function () {
        expect(myObject).toBeDefined();
    });

    it('quotes Vogon poetry', function () {
        expect(myObject.getPoetry()).toMatch('Oh freddled gruntbuggly');
    });
});

This port of Jasime can produce reports in several different formats, both human-readable and machine-readable. In particular, it can do TAP output so that you can integrate it nicely with Autotools.

For more examples, see Jasmine GJS's own test suite [3].
For more info, see the upstream Jasmine documentation [4].

[1] https://github.com/jasmine/jasmine
[2] https://github.com/ptomato/jasmine-gjs/releases/tag/2.1.3
[3] https://github.com/ptomato/jasmine-gjs/tree/master/test
[4] http://jasmine.github.io/2.2/introduction.html