Reading from an InputStream

Hi

I am attempting to read from an InputStream. I had thought I would be able to use a ByteArray but this did not seem to work.

> this.buf = new ByteArray.ByteArray(BUF_SIZE)
> is.read_async(this.buf, this.buf.length, 0, null, ptr(this, this.read_ready), null)

It fails with

> Exception was: Error: Argument 'buffer' (type void) may not be null

Presumably this is because gjs does not know how to map a void* pointer.

How would I go about mapping something to a void* pointer. I managed to build and install glib and gobject-introspection.