Re: Memory usage problems

The simple solution (used in the litl shell) is to GC while idle. I
think we had something fairly elaborate to avoid a GC while painting;
I don't remember the details. But just a short low-priority timeout
that gets reset every time you paint a frame, or something like that,
might be fine. The problem with it is that a continuous animation
disables it entirely, so you can start to imagine more clever schemes
to address that.

Without something like this, SpiderMonkey plain old leaks, for two
reasons I'm sure you're aware of already:
- it doesn't know the size of native objects
- it requires a huge increase over the previous size before it ever GCs

I feel like this was already discussed in bugzilla or something for
gjs or gnome-shell but I don't remember where.

Havoc