Re: Wrapped DataInputStream API?

On Wed, 24 Nov 2010 22:57:57 +0100
Marek Kubica <marek xivilization net> wrote:

> Your code works in Seed just fine, but interestingly, it fails so in
> Gjs, because "Error: Failed to convert UTF-8 string to JS string:
> Invalid byte sequence in conversion input"

Oh, wait, I didn't test enough:

Gio = imports.gi.Gio;
GLib = imports.gi.GLib;

function construct_dict(filename) {
        var f = GLib.file_get_contents(filename);
        print(f);
        print(f.content);
}

construct_dict("abc");

where abc is a trivial file returns

true,This is a test
this too
,24
undefined

in Gjs (= works)

and
1
[undefined]

in Seed (= does not work)

Once I try my "real" log file, Gjs fails with "Error: Failed to convert
UTF-8 string to JS string: Invalid byte sequence in conversion input"
and Seed just keeps on doing nothing.

Versions: Seed 2.31.91, Gjs 0.7.7, gobject-introspection 0.9.12, glib
2.26.1

Any idea why Gjs fails to read my file?

regards,
Marek