[DEPRECATED] Tabbed notebook guidelines

Hi HIG-ers,

This came up in a discussion on the Eclipse newsgroup, but the wording
in the guidelines for tabbed notebooks (chapter 6) could be made
clearer. I'd suggest that in the guideline:

"If a control affects only one notebook page, place it on that notebook
 page. If it affects every page in the notebook, place it outside the
 notebook control, for example beside the window's OK and Cancel
 buttons."

the words "on that notebook page" be altered to read "on that notebook
page or it's attached tab". This seems to be what it meant (Gedit and
Epiphany do this with the tab close buttons for example) but at least
one other person on the Eclipse list questioned my interpretation.

Cheers,
Ian.

--
#ifndef  __COMMON_SENSE__ | Ian Phillips
#include <std_disclaimer> | TIBCO Software Inc.